Fall Giving Events off to a Record-Setting Start
$57 Million Raised for Communities Across America in the Month of September
AUSTIN, TEXAS (October 11, 2016) — Nonprofits across America celebrate a monumental start to fall fundraising thanks to many recent, successful giving events. In the month of September, giving events powered by Kimbia, a leading provider of online fundraising solutions and crowdfunding events, raised $57 million during six different single-day events. Of that total, $38.7 million was processed online via Kimbia’s online donation platform.
The September 2016 event details are as follows:
- The National Museum of African American History and Culture Giving Day raised $803,000 on September 13
- Give Local Louisville, hosted by the Community Foundation of Louisville, raised $4.1 million on September 15
- Texoma Gives, hosted by Community Foundation of Wichita Falls, raised $609,000 on September 15
- Giving Challenge, hosted by Community Foundation of Sarasota County, raised $13.3 million on September 20-21
- North Texas Giving Day, hosted by Communities Foundation of Texas, raised $37.3 million on September 22
- Give More 24, hosted by the Community Foundation of Southwest Washington, raised $920,000 on September 22
The North Texas community celebrates, what looks to be, a world record for the number of transactions/donations made online to a charitable event in a single day at 142,887 transactions. The team is awaiting a reply from Guinness World Records to have the record verified. The transaction beats the world record listed on the Guinness website listed at 105,083 transactions.
“We are so proud of the amazing work our partners are doing in communities across America,” said Kimbia CEO Mark Perkins. “We are honored to power these incredible giving events and are looking forward to the continued success of our fall giving day clients.”
About Kimbia: Kimbia is an online fundraising, crowdfunding, and event platform provider for nonprofits, higher education, and community foundations, serving thousands of charitable organizations across the globe. The company’s flexible online fundraising and crowdfunding event solutions enable organizations to create a deeper donor relationship by focusing on the donor experience to drive action and conversion. For more information visit, www.kimbia.com.