Thank you for your feedback! Here is the complete bill of rights for crowdfunding nonprofits:
1) Transparency is the responsibility of all three parties. Nonprofits, platforms providers (if the nonprofit is using a third party platform) and the general public. This includes the fundraising costs (when appropriate), risks associated with the project (if applicable), timelines and all parties involved in the project.
2) Nonprofits are required to have full campaign transparency as funding progresses and fulfill perks (if offered) in a timely manner , in alignment with the platform providers’ (if using third party) perk fulfillment guidelines. They should do their due diligence in finding the right platform that not only is fair to those receiving the funds, but to those donating them.
3) Nonprofits should clarify upfront, or develop a process for post-campaign communication fund allocation (or refund), should the project goal not be met or project objectives change or realign.
4) The data privacy, tracking and marketing rules should reflect the general organization policy on data tracking and privacy, or otherwise be clearly disclosed.
5) Third-party platforms are responsible to let nonprofits know who’s using the platform for their benefit, and are required to let nonprofits fix issues (wrong logo, mission statement, etc.). There should be a process for the nonprofit to request a funder be removed if he/she is not in alignment with the nonprofit’s mission, and/or is infringing on the mission/brand, etc.
6) Individual nonprofits are required to list out how these crowdfunding-designated funds will be used if funding is raised above and beyond the stated goal. It is the nonprofit’s, not the platform’s, responsibility to ensure designated crowdfunding campaigns set up by nonprofits comply with designated funding regulations and reporting requirements.
7) Platforms should offer nonprofits clear, timely and accessible campaign analysis and reporting during and post campaign
8) The platform should allow nonprofits to reach campaign and donors directly with post-campaign follow-up messages, etc