On April 29, 2015, Purdue University set and shattered several records with their second annual Purdue Day of Giving. The entire Purdue community came together to raise an incredible $13,703,219, nearly double the total raised during their inaugural event. In addition to surpassing last year’s total, the 2015 Purdue Day of Giving set the record for most dollars raised for higher education through a single-day campaign. Driven by social media, the 24-hour online event featured 23 different hourly challenges with cash prizes, inspiring donors to give back to their favorite campus, college, school, program or unit. Additionally,100 organizations competed in an exclusive competition for student organizations for the chance to win cash prizes.
“In two years, our Day of Giving has gone from an intriguing experiment to a proven success, this year going international in a big way,” said President Mitch Daniels in a Purdue University press release. “Thanks to those whose creativity and participation have reconnected thousands of Boilermakers with the university in this most positive of ways.”
- The second annual Purdue Day of Giving set the record for most dollars raised for higher education through a single-day campaign.
- The 2015 event raised a remarkable $13,703,219 in just 24 hours, a remarkable 82.7% more than the inaugural event.
- Total gifts equaled 9,592, with gifts ranging from the minimum $10 up to $2 million. The total number of donations represents a 47.2% increase from last year’s event.
- Donors from all 50 states and from 37 countries—22 more than last year— supported 45 participating units and programs.
- Social media impressions totaled 19.5 million.
See and follow all of the upcoming Kimbia-powered giving days in our Giving Days Keep Growing! blog, and stay tuned for results updates!
Watch this special, inspirational “rewind” of some special Purdue figures celebrating the second amazing Purdue Day of Giving: