For the third consecutive year, Communities Foundation of Texas’ (CFT) North Texas Giving Day broke the national record for the most money ever raised during a single-day online crowdfunding event. Launched in 2009, this once a year, one-day event has raised more dollars from more gifts year-over-year, for a total of $85.4 million.
“We are amazed by the breadth and depth of generosity that has led to this new milestone,” said Brent Christopher, president and CEO of Communities Foundation of Texas. “So many people have once again donated their considerable time, talents, and treasure to make North Texas Giving Day a huge success. Thanks to all who support the vital work of our local nonprofits. This tremendous day shows the strength of the North Texas community.”
- The sixth annual North Texas Giving Day raised a record-breaking $26,339,253.10 in just 18 hours, $1.1 more than last year’s event.
- For the third year in a row, the event surpassed its own record as the largest community-wide online giving day in the United States.
- Total gifts equaled 98,065, with an average gift amount of $268.59.
- First-time donors accounted for 26 percent of total donations.
- Donors from all 50 states, six territories, and 28 countries supported a record 1,580 nonprofit organizations.
- Over $2M in bonus funds and prize pools were obtained.
Seven of the ten largest crowdfunding events, including North Texas Giving Day, have been run on Kimbia’s online fundraising platform. See our Who Gives to Crowdfunding Events? infographic, which draws from unprecedented demographic data resources to answer one of the industry’s hottest questions.
Considering hosting a giving day event? Contact us today for expert advice on planning for success!